We are thrilled that you’ve decided to lend us a helping hand. Hi-Hope has been serving this community since 1960, but we rely on volunteers to fulfill our mission of providing integrated opportunities for learning, work and leisure. We are dedicated to offering a variety of volunteer opportunities and we are open to your ideas and interests.
What you do
It is people like yourself that make a difference in the lives of the individuals we support. We admire you for wanting to share your valuable time and talents. Below you will find ways in which you can help us support our individuals through activities, projects, outings and other volunteer opportunities.
First, take some time to learn about Who We Are. Hi-Hope is definitely the place to build meaningful relationships, learn new and exciting skills, share your talents(s), and make someone's day!
- Experience personal satisfaction by helping others
- Explore a new career area
- Learn new skills
- Build your self-confidence
- Meet new people
- Share your natural gifts and talents
- Empower others
- Gain useful work experience
- Enhance your physical and mental health
- Join our family!
What You Might Do...
- Build a meaningful relationship
- Visit with our residents
- Adopt a group home (celebrate the birthdays of our residents, etc.)
- Adopt a group home by doing activities, beautification projects, basic yard work, etc.
- Share & teach a skill or hobby with those who have an interest
- Plan with a house party at a group home
- Host or join day trips
- Assist our individuals in the day program
- Practice a Special Olympics event with our individuals
- Assist our clients at lunch
- Plan a party or dance
- Teach art and/or crafts classes
- Assist with our fundraising activities
- Event Planning
- Data Entry
- Field Trips
- Newsletter Development
- Marketing/Public Relations
- Public Relations
- Activity Planner
- Recreational Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
Now that you have learned about Hi-Hope, you can begin the application process. The best way to get started is to call or email our Volunteer Coordinator, Nick Reynolds, at email@example.com or 770-963-8694 ex.116.